Thursday, October 15, 2009

Angela's Ashes Preview Report

I originally chose to read Lucky, by Aliss Sebold. Unfortunately my mother wouldn't let me read it. So i chose Angela's Ashes, by Frank McCourt. I Didn't know much about the book before i chose it, i just needed a new book to replace Lucky.
I did read the book's introduction though, and i am looking forward to reading Angela's Ashes, his story interests me because of the struggle he tell about in his life, and how he never gave up, no matter what happened. In the intro, it states that they never felt sorry for themselves because they never had time to, this interests me because i want to find out what hardships they went through to cause so much of there time and life being taken away.
I also want to find out what this "Irish voice" is that they are talking about, and how it's different than any other writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment